As of October 15, 2013, all IACUC protocols must be submitted via ACAP, the electronic submission system for IACUC applications. Email or paper submissions will no longer be accepted. Similarly, animal ordering will only be accepted through ACAP. Answers to common ACAP questions are located in ACAP under the heading “FAQs”.
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) oversees all research using laboratory animals. Prior to the initiation any research efforts involving the use of animals, all UNCG researchers must have IACUC approval. Please direct any IACUC issues to Isaac Mailleue firstname.lastname@example.org (336) 256-1482.
Policies and Procedures
- Protection of Animal Subjects in Research
- Animal Facility Manual 2013
- Data Safety Policy
- Health And Safety Program Policies
- IACUC SOPs 2013 November (currently being updated)
- Review process for all new protocols
- USDA: Animal Welfare Act- September 2013 update
FAQs and Helpful Information for Working with Animals
- Anesthesia FAQs
- Animal Numbers FAQs
- Blood Collection FAQs
- Blood Withdrawal FAQs
- Orbital Blood Collection FAQs
- Injection FAQs
- Judging Morbidity FAQs
- Rodent Identification FAQs
- Animal Facility Visitor Policies and Forms
- Adverse Event Form 2013
- Hazardous Material Handling Procedures (HMHP)
Important News: Effective February 8, 2010, LATA training will no longer be accepted for new submissions or for the addition of new personnel to existing studies. CITI training is the required training.