Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) oversees all research involving animals. Prior to the initiation any research efforts involving the use of animals, all UNCG researchers must have IACUC approval. If you have any questions regarding your IACUC application, the best way to contact us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IACUC meetings are open to the public and are typically held the first Tuesday of every month. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
UNCG has implemented an electronic IACUC submission system, Cayuse Animal Oversight.
For helpful resources for navigating the Cayuse Animal Oversight electronic submission system, visit the Cayuse Animal Oversight Resource page.
Protocols will be approved for three-year periods, however we still require denovo reviews (a new application prior to the beginning of the fourth year of work). Any changes to an approved protocol, both major and minor, should be reviewed by the IACUC via an amendment. Amendments can be submitted using Cayuse Animal Oversight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Animal Concern? CLICK HERE
YOU CAN ALSO MAKE AN ANONYMOUS REPORT BY CALLING 336-256-1173. You can also make a report directly to the Facility Operations Manager, the Director of the Office of Research Integrity, the IACUC Chair, or the Attending Veterinarian.
Policies and Procedures
- Protection of Animal Subjects in Research Policy
- Post-Approval Monitoring Policy
- The AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2020 Edition.
- Animal Bites and Scratches Guidelines 2020
- Guidance on Significant Changes from OLAW
- Updated 2015 PHS Policy Lab Animals
- Animal Order Form
- Application for Space Assignment in the Animal Facility
- Animal Transfer Form
- Animal Facility Visitor Policies & Forms
- Adverse Event Form
- Animal Facility Injury form 2020
- Hazardous Material Handling Procedures (HMHP)
- OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- Occupational Health Program
- Occupational Health Initial Screening Form
- Occ Health Continuing Work With Animals Form
- Occ Health Exception Form 2020
Occupational Health Training