Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) oversees all research involving animals. Prior to the initiation any research efforts involving the use of animals, all UNCG researchers must have IACUC approval. If you have any questions regarding your IACUC application, the best way to contact us is by email at email@example.com.
IACUC meetings are open to the public and are typically held the first Tuesday of every month. Please contact Dr. Lisa Goble at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Protocols will be approved for three-year periods, however we still require denovo reviews (a new application prior to the beginning of the fourth year of work). Amendments will still need to be submitted for IACUC review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Animal Concern? CLICK HERE
YOU CAN ALSO MAKE AN ANONYMOUS REPORT BY CALLING 336-256-1173. You can also make a report directly to the Facility Operations Manager, the Director of the Office of Research Integrity, the IACUC Chair, or the Attending Veterinarian.
Policies and Procedures
- Protection of Animal Subjects in Research Policy
- Animal Facility Manual (to be updated Spring 2021)
- Post-Approval Monitoring Policy
Helpful Information for Working with Animals
- On January 17, 2020, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) issued an update to the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2020 Edition.
- Animal Bites and Scratches Guidelines 2020
- Guidance on Significant Changes from OLAW
- Updated 2015 PHS Policy Lab Animals
- Animal Transfer Form
- Animal Facility Visitor Policies & Forms
- Adverse Event Form
- Animal Facility Injury form 2020
- Hazardous Material Handling Procedures (HMHP)
- OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- Occupational Health Program
- Occupational Health Initial Screening Form
- Occupational Health Continuing to Work With Animals Form
- Occ Health Exception Form 2020
Occupational Health Training